What Should I Do if I’m Injured at Work?

John from Taylor asks, what do I do if I get in a work-related accident? In Pennsylvania, you cannot sue your employer. But, you do have a right to obtain Workers’ Compensation benefits, which are two-thirds of your salary, plus payment of all medical bills. You should report your injury at once although, technically, you have 120 days to do so. And you have a three-year statute of limitations.

If you have a list of panel physicians at your employer, you must treat with those doctors for the first 90 days. But after 90 days, you’re free to choose a doctor on your own. The insurance company has about three weeks to pay you, or 21 days. It’s important that you consult with an attorney to fully understand your rights if you’ve been injured at work.

Watch the accompanying YouTube video here, and stay tuned for more Legally Speaking videos in the future:

Since 1906, our PA injury lawyers have successfully represented thousands of clients in serious personal injury cases, including PA car accidents, truck accidents, motorcycle accidents, PA medical malpractice, PA worker’s comp, slip and fall, product-related injuries and Social Security disability claims. Our PA criminal defense attorneys represent defendants in all types of summary, misdemeanor and felony cases ranging from DUI cases to major crimes in both state and federal courts.

Powell Law is Northeastern Pennsylvania’s oldest PA personal injury law firm. It was established by our grandfather, Attorney James J. Powell Sr., on the principles of honor, integrity and trust. For three generations, we have upheld those principles every day – in every case.

Request a Free Consultation

Contact Us